Fire damages Apex church - WNCN: News, Weather

Fire damages Apex church

Posted: Updated:
APEX, N.C. -

Investigators are looking into what started a fire at a church in Apex Wednesday morning.

The fire started around 2 a.m. Wednesday at Apex United Methodist Church at 100 S. Hughes Street.

Most of the fire damage was limited to an upstairs room in the Christian Life Center. The room is used for food service ministry aimed at children. 

There was some minor smoke and water damage to other parts of the building and the preschool and after school programs will have to be relocated to another building temporarily.

"We're grateful, thankful that the fire was no worse than it was, that no one got hurt. Very grateful for all the first responders who came so quickly and did such a great job," said Pastor Gray Southern.

 

 

Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.