Teen will be tried as adult in Raleigh greenway murder - WNCN: News, Weather

Teen will be tried as adult in Raleigh greenway murder

Posted: Updated:
RALEIGH, N.C. -

A Wake County judge said there was sufficient evidence to try a 16-year-old charged with first-degree murder as an adult in the murder of Regynald Brown in December.

The juvenile was transferred immediately to a detention center where he will be held under $1 million bond. The juvenile was ordered to not have any contact with other co-defendants or witnesses in the case.

"I will stand by my son no matter what and I am so glad a bond was set because I will get him home," said the mother in court Tuesday. "and I feel much better and confident knowing these boys will be tried as adults in superior court where they will have the chance to be defended better and more extensively."

Three of the five teens charged in the crime will be tried as adults. The teens are accused of assaulting and killing Regynald Brown and then stuffing his body in a trash can near a Raleigh greenway.

"Ever since December I've been a mess, all of us five mothers have. I can't do anything but worry about whether my son will have to spend the rest of his life in jail," the teens' mother said.

  • Wake CountyMore>>

  • Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 9:31 PM EDT2014-04-17 01:31:07 GMT
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
  • FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-04-16 21:30:47 GMT
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
  • Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 1:21 PM EDT2014-04-16 17:21:35 GMT
    Sketch of man accused of sexual assault in CarySketch of man accused of sexual assault in Cary
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.