The Ironman Triathlon on Sunday will impact traffic on several roads in Wake and Chatham counties.
More than 2,700 people from 15 countries and 43 states have registered for the Ironman 70.3 Triathlon.
The race begins at 7 a.m. at Jordan Lake with a 1.2 mile swim. Racers then begin a 56 mile bike ride to downtown Raleigh. Then they'll finish the event with a 13.1 mile half-marathon.
The race is expected to impact traffic in Raleigh from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Police will be present to direct traffic along the route.
List of Road Closings:
• Fayetteville Street between Davie Street and Lenoir Street will be closed from 6 a.m. on June 1 until 11 p.m. on June 2;
• The right lane of U.S. 64 between Pea Ridge and Beaver Creek will be closed from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. on June 2;
• The right lane of N.C. 55 Bypass between Avent Ferry Road and Old Smithfield Road heading north from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.;
• Lake Wheeler Road north of Tryon Road from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
• Exits along the I-440 Beltline to Lake Wheeler Road from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
• South Saunders Street between Lake Wheeler Road and South Street from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.;
• South Street between South Saunders Street and Wilmington Street from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.;
• The left lane of Wilmington Street between South Street and Edenton Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.;
• The left lane of Edenton Street between Wilmington Street and Salisbury Street from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.;
• Salisbury Street from Edenton Street to Hillsborough Street from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
• Hillsborough Street from Salisbury Street to Meredith College from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
• House Creek Greenway Trail from Meredith College to the Art Museum from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and,
• Fayetteville Street from Morgan Street to Lenoir Street from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.