Storm blamed for sewer overflows in Raleigh - WNCN: News, Weather

Storm blamed for sewer overflows in Raleigh

Posted: Updated:
RALEIGH, N.C. -

The city of Raleigh Sunday reported several sewer overflows involving thousands of gallons of liquid happened during the torrential rain caused by Tropical Storm Andrea. Many of the overflows resulted in sewage running into Crabtree Creek. 

The city listed the address of the leaks as 3316 Alleghany Drive, 3404 White Oak Road, 3625 Anderson Drive, 2745 Rothgeb Park Drive, 3300 Vinson Court, 9299 Glenwood Avenue, 8536 Erinsbrook Drive in Raleigh, and 709 East Holden Avenue in Wake Forest on Friday June 7, 2013. 

On Allegheny Drive, the city said the sewer overflowed for nine hours spilling 81,000 gallons of sewage into Crabtree Creek, but no fish kills were reported.

The city says 82,500 gallons got into the creek from the Rothgeb Park Drive overfloow. 

Another 78,000 gallons of sewage is estimated to have flowed into Crabtree Creek from White Oak Road and Anderson Drive. 

The other overflows affected Sycamore and Smith Creeks. 

The city says the overflows have been stopped and reported to the state Department of Natural Resources.

 

 

  • Wake CountyMore>>

  • Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 9:31 PM EDT2014-04-17 01:31:07 GMT
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
  • FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-04-16 21:30:47 GMT
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
  • Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 1:21 PM EDT2014-04-16 17:21:35 GMT
    Sketch of man accused of sexual assault in CarySketch of man accused of sexual assault in Cary
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.