2nd man charged in stabbing death of Good Samaritan - WNCN: News, Weather

Man found guilty in stabbing death of Wake Co. Good Samaritan

Posted: Updated:
RALEIGH, N.C. -

A Wake County jury found a man guilty of voluntary manslaughter in the 2012 stabbing death of a Good Samaritan in Raleigh.

Samuel Gideon was found guilty Friday and sentenced to minimum of 8.75 years in prison with credit for time served since the murder.

Raleigh police said Samuel Gideon and Christopher Rochelle stabbed 20-year-old Eleazar Hererra after he stopped to help then men after their SUV crashed on Jan. 15, 2012 on New Hope Road. Hererra was heading home after a family party.

Police said the SUV was stolen and the suspects crashed as they were fleeing the scene of a robbery on Wallingford Drive.

Authorities said Rochelle lived just a short distance from where the killing took place.

Police arrested Gideon and Rochelle in June 2012.

Rochelle has not going to trial for charges stemming from the same incident.

 

 

  • Wake CountyMore>>

  • Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 9:31 PM EDT2014-04-17 01:31:07 GMT
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
  • FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-04-16 21:30:47 GMT
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
  • Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 1:21 PM EDT2014-04-16 17:21:35 GMT
    Sketch of man accused of sexual assault in CarySketch of man accused of sexual assault in Cary
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.