ELON, N.C. -
Only 29 percent of North Carolinians believe the Affordable
Care Act will "make things better," according to a new Elon Poll.
The poll, which reached 701 registered voters by landline
and cell phones, reported that 50 percent of respondents believe Obamacare will
"make things worse."
The poll has a margin of error of 3.7 percent.
The Elon Poll asked North Carolinians a variety of questions
on other topics, finding:
- 24 percent said the economy is the most
- 47 percent oppose gay marriage and 43 percent
- 45 percent said access to abortion should be
more difficult and 41 percent believe it should be less difficult
- 54 percent oppose teacher tenure
- 81 percent said teachers are paid too little, and
only 2 percent say they are paid too much
- 70 percent support a government ID to vote, and 28
percent oppose that
- 51 percent believe there should be more legal
restrictions on handguns, and 45 percent disagree.
The poll was conducted Sept.13-16.