Fire at Durham shopping center ruled accidental - WNCN: News, Weather

Fire at Durham shopping center ruled accidental

Posted: Updated:
DURHAM, N.C. -

A fire that broke out at a Durham shopping center has been ruled accidental.

Fire investigators said the fire started in the exhaust duct from the oven of Pizzeria Toro, a restaurant in the shopping center on E. Chapel Hill Street.

The fire was reported shortly after 1 a.m. Monday. When fire crews arrived to the scene, smoke was visible from the roof. An apartment below the fire sustained severe water and fire damage. Two other apartments sustained moderate smoke damage.

No one was injured in the fire.

RELATED STORIES

Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.