Investigation into NC fair ride accident continues - WNCN: News, Weather

Investigation into NC fair ride accident continues

Posted: Updated:
RALEIGH, N.C. -

fNorth Carolina state Labor Commissioner Cherie Berry says the investigation is continuing into last month's ride accident at the State Fair that left three riders seriously hurt.
    
Berry made her brief comments Tuesday as the Council of State held its regular monthly meeting in Raleigh. Council member and Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler, whose department puts on the fair, also attended. The state Labor Department inspects fair rides.
    
Authorities have charged one ride operator with assault with a deadly weapon for the Oct. 24 accident when the "Vortex" started moving as people were exiting it. Wake County sheriff's investigators believe the ride had been intentionally tampered with.
    
Troxler says a critical response plan at the fair worked as it should in treating the injured as quickly as possible.

RELATED STORIES

  • Wake CountyMore>>

  • Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Judge denies Duke Energy request for stay in coal ash case

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 9:31 PM EDT2014-04-17 01:31:07 GMT
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
    The Wake County judge who ordered Duke Energy to take immediate action to eliminate sources of groundwater contamination at its coal ash ponds has denied the utility’s request for a stay in the matter.
  • FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    FBI offers reward for info on 2 suspects in Wake Forest kidnapping

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 5:30 PM EDT2014-04-16 21:30:47 GMT
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
    Two more people have been charged in the case of Frank Janssen, who was kidnapped in Wake Forest.
  • Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Cary Police release sketch of man accused of sexual assault

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 1:21 PM EDT2014-04-16 17:21:35 GMT
    Sketch of man accused of sexual assault in CarySketch of man accused of sexual assault in Cary
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
    Cary police have released a sketch of the man accused of sexually assaulting a young woman Saturday.At about 9 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the Hawthorne at the Parkway complex in Cary, where the 20-year-old woman reported that a man who had been behind her in traffic followed her home, pulled up to her in the parking lot and warned her of damage to her vehicle.After thanking him she headed to her apartment, where the same man pushed her inside as she was unlocking the door.The suspect ...
Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.