Fayetteville apartment fire caused by unattended cooking - WNCN: News, Weather

Fayetteville apartment fire caused by unattended cooking

Posted: Updated:

Unattended cooking is being blamed for sparking an early morning apartment fire in Fayetteville, said officials.

Fire crews were called out to the Murchison Townhouse Apartments on Rosemary Drive.

Investigators said someone in one of the apartments fell asleep while cooking. The smoke detector in the apartment alerted the family and all five members were able to get out safely.

The fire damaged the one unit and two additional units received some smoke damage.

No injuries were reported. The Red Cross is working with officials to meet the needs of those affected by Thursday morning's fire.

Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.