NC judge issues injunction in Boone motel deaths - WNCN: News, Weather

NC judge issues injunction in Boone motel deaths

Posted: Updated:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -  A judge has ordered that a company that installed a used swimming pool water heater at a Boone motel where three people died to never again work as a plumbing, heating or fire sprinkler contractor.
    
The Charlotte Observer reported (http://bit.ly/1fsdujd ) the injunction had been requested by the State Board of Examiners of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors.
    
Three guests at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza died of carbon monoxide poisoning last year when the gas seeped into their room a floor above the pool water heater location.
    
Superior Court Judge Donald Stephens issued the order against Appalachian Hospitality Management and three employees. The injunction said the defendants denied they had acted as contractors but agreed to go along with the consent order.
   
Powered by WorldNow

1205 Front St., Raleigh
N.C., 27609

Telephone: 919.836.1717
Fax: 919.836.1687
Email: newstips@wncn.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.