“We were wondering if somebody may have tied this electrical cord around her, tied it someplace, left her, she chewed through it, ran off and maybe got hit by a car,” said Dr. Deborah Rodriguez at AHVC.
“She would've died, no question, she was pretty much on the brink when she brought her,” added Dr. Rodriguez.
Savannah had a slew of medical issues. She had the wire wrapped around her neck and some of it in her stomach from where she tried to chew her way free. She also has broken teeth and “because of what we suspect to be brain trauma, she can't see, she's blind.”
Friday afternoon, Savannah was taken to the University of Florida in Gainesville where she received some of the best treatment in the state. It was these specialists that determined she had a progressive brain disease. They said the trauma of what happened to her didn't help. Savannah was having more seizures. She was put to sleep. They will perform a necropsy.